Conway Energy is setting the standard locally and nationally for sustainable construction and energy efficiency.
This year is going by rather quickly, we’re already nearing the end of May and it doesn’t feel like we’ve scratched the surface. Teaching classes, holding lectures, certifying new construction, testing rehabilitated buildings for energy efficiency, training contractors on the energy efficiency standards, creating new programs for counties, and more… This is only the beginning and yet, it feels like there is so much more to be done. The job is never complete when it comes to education and implementation, which is probably why * HORN TOOT ALERT* we have received the following two awards so far this year:
- ENERGY STAR Leadership in Housing Award
- George Mason University’s Green Patriot Award nomination
Here is a bit of information about the ENERGY STAR Leadership in Housing Award:
“In recognition of your commitment to providing our nation’s homebuyers with ENERGY STAR certified homes, your company has earned a 2012 ENERGY STAR Leadership in Housing Award. This award recognizes your organization’s work in promoting energy efficient construction and helping to protect the environment through its partnership with ENERGY STAR.
Despite the downturn in the housing market, it is clear that both home builders and home buyers are continuing to invest in high performing homes. To date, more than 1.3 million ENERGY STAR certified homes have been built – with more than 127,000 constructed in 2011. All of this is thanks to the hard work and dedication by more than 5,400 active ENERGY STAR for New Homes partners!
Last year alone, with the help of ENERGY STAR and partners like you, Americans saved nearly $400 million on their utility bills, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to that of more than 510,000 vehicles. We appreciate the contribution that your organization has made to help ENERGY STAR achieve this great level of success, and your continued partnership.
This year, EPA is proud to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the ENERGY STAR program. For two decades, ENERGY STAR has helped millions of Americans and thousands of businesses save energy, save money, and protect the climate. Over the past 20 years, Americans, with help from ENERGY STAR, have saved nearly $230 billion on utility bills and prevented more than 1.7 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions.”
More about the Arlington County/ George Mason Green Patriot Awards:
The Arlington Green Patriot Award recognizes an individual, business or organization that exemplifies sustainability in more than one aspect of their recent life or operations to better civic life in Arlington, Virginia. This Year’s nominees were some phenomenally influential Arlington County players:
- Arlington Egg Project – arlingtoneggproject.org
- Arlington Public Library – http://library.arlingtonva.us/
- Cathy Lin – http://www.apsva.us/page/2219
- Conway Energy – http://conwaygreenconstruction.com
- Crystal City Business Improvement District – http://www.crystalcity.org
- Hans Hess – http://www.elevationburger.com AND http://www.envirotaxicab.com
- Janette Mason – http://www.apsva.us/Domain/1299
- Main Event Caterers – http://maineventcaterers.com
- Martin Ogle – http://www.nvrpa.org/park/potomac_overlook
- Mary Van Dyke – http://www.apsva.us/Domain/282
- Miriam Gennari – http://styrofoammom.com/
- Paul Snodgrass – http://scar.gmu.edu/paul-snodgrass
- Planet Partners – http://vimeo.com/32810545
- Thomas Schneider – http://rooftoprootsdc.org/team
- Tranquil Space Arlington – http://tranquilspace.com/arlington.html
It was an honor to be chosen to be a part of these nominations and award programs. Thanks so much to everyone who thought of Conway Energy to include this energy efficiency and sustainability team among these wonderful people and organizations! We will continue to set the standard in energy efficiency, construction science and sustainability practices!