Yesterday afternoon at the Willow Oaks Country Club in Richmond, Virginia, nearly two hundred builders, architects, and the like gathered together to celebrate the green building and sustainability efforts implemented by hundreds of committed builders across the region.
Special guest speakers including Senator John Warner’s assistant and the VHDA’s president discussed the necessity of this amazing group of dedicated professionals who make Earthcraft Virginia possible. From the energy modelers to the on site field technical advisers who help to make the projects happen, no matter what, EarthCraft is seen as one of the cutting edge programs for this mid-Atlantic regions green building endeavors.
- Single Family Builder of the Year: Green Valley Builder
- Single Family Project of the Year: James River Air Conditioning Solar Idea House
- Single Family Developer of the Year: Eagle Construction of Virginia (2nd year win)
- Multifamily Project of the Year: Porter Street Apartments by Miller and Associates of Richmond, VA
- Multifamily Renovation Project of the Year: Lincoln Mews- Better Housing Coalition
- Affordable Housing Developer of the Year: Pinnacle Construction and Development Corporation
- Multifamily Developer: TM Associates (certified over 558 units in 2010!)
- Habitat for Humanity Affiliate of the Year: Roanoke Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Architecture Firm of the Year: Community Design Studio
- Builder Association of the Year: Blue Ridge Home Builder Association (2nd year win)
- Technical Adviser of the Year for the Charlottesville Area: John Semmelhack
- Top 10 Most Energy Efficient Home Builders:…stay tuned! we’ll give you these next week!Yep… that’s called a teaser…
- Visionary Award: VHDA, the Virginia Housing Development Authority has over 4500 units EarthCraft certified in 2010!
Congratulations to everyone who was a part of EarthCraft certification last year. It is interesting to listen to all of the acceptance speeches and hear the variations of kudos and accolades that go straight to the EarthCraft team and technical advisers and their staff; they are the ones who truly make these things happen for some of these builder teams. If you’re interested in becoming a part this year, there is still time! A single family training class is to be held in the Arlington Area on April 4th! Get Registered today!
Stay posted next week, when we tell you who the top ten energy efficient builders in Virginia are!