We have actually had several of our clients build out in the EcoVillage community. It is not the type of community that you would think that you would stumble upon this close to the DC Metro area;however, there are people up in this neck of the woods who care about the environment and sustainability just as much as people you’d find in the Pacific Northwest or elsewhere. This EcoVillage Community has a great advantage for those who are looking to build a home that is exactly what they want, healthy, sustainable and surrounded by other homes that are built in the same conscientious way. There just so happens to be a parcel or two still available. Check out this guest blog from our friend at Arbour Realty, Genevieve Concannon who talks up one of her associate’s listings out at EcoVillage.
How can you pass up your very own piece of this environmentally focused neighborhood that is totally committed to sustainability, community and the future? Check out EcoVillage in Loudoun County.
12598 Trillium Glen in Loudoun County’s EcoVillage is for sale and you can build your ideal sustainable home on it to suit your needs!
Imagine coming home to a community that shares your same green vision! EcoVillage of Loudoun County is doing exactly what they highlight as their mission statement, ” Building Community. Respecting the Earth.”
Arbour Realty EcoBroker agent, Brooke Schara, has a land parcel in the EcoVillage listed for sale at $90,000, a great price for the concept and for what can be done in this innovative neighborhood. EcoVillage is located on 180 acres near Taylorstown in Lovettsville, VA. The concept stems from the marriage of the idea of community building, healthy living and a sustainable lifestyle. Homes that are built within the realm of this eco-friendly development meet stringent requirements that enable to community to remain ecologically sound.
EcoVillage has listed their long term goals and mission statement are very conscientious and are listed in great detail as follows:
“EcoVillage of Loudoun County combines the co-housing ideal of people living together in community with the ecovillage ideal of people living in harmony with Earth and its inhabitants. We aim to restore nature and expand human potential by creating a lifestyle that nurtures the human spirit and offers hope for future generations.
- A simple lifestyle which incorporates respect, work, open communication, humor, free inquiry, fun, and creative expression nurtures the human spirit
- A wise and sustainable society restores biodiversity and integrates the community with nature
- Human health, community health and the health of our planet are interconnected and interdependent
- Every person has inherent dignity and worth regardless of age, sex, race, sexual orientation, abilities, financial resources, or spiritual or political beliefs
- Cooperation and teamwork is our model for interaction
- Collaboration is most likely to occur in an environment which respects individual rights to privacy
- Taking individual responsibility for our own needs and decisions as well as caring about the well-being of others supports community
- Our children deserve special attention, support and nourishment
- Long-term Goals & Objectives
- Ecological Goal
- Preserve and restore biodiversity, quality, and abundance of natural resources. Balance natural systems so that each generation acts to benefit future generations.
Long-term Goals & Objectives
- Protect and enhance the diversity, abundance and balance of native plants and wildlife
- Protect and expand nesting sites, forested land, wetlands, and other critical wildlife habitats and migratory corridors
- Enhance the quality and base flow of streams and springs
- Ensure the conservation and wise use of ground and surface water
- Protect and restore riparian and aquatic habitats
- Enhance the quality, productivity, and stability of soils
- Enhance local air quality and develop microclimate that minimizes reliance on active heating and cooling systems
- Select and promote the use of environmentally friendly techniques to maximize energy independence and minimize use of non-renewable resources
- Preserve stellar visibility and quiet of the countryside
- Minimize waste that must be exported off-site
- Minimize environmental toxicity through the use of organic and low-toxicity materials and products that are safely biodegradable
- Share resources such as common appliances and machinery to reduce the amount of embodied energy and environmental impact of daily living
- Reduce dependence on the automobile and encourage pedestrian and mass transit alternatives
- Promote awareness of seasonal cycles, flora, fauna, air, water, soils and the local ecosystem as a basis for continued stewardship of EcoVillage
- Encourage the use of locally produced goods and services”
The EcoVillage community has an amazing concept and friendly vibe that is quite inviting and intriguing. People are encouraged to work together and there is even a fantastic community garden and shared communal house where the neighbors can come together to celebrate and relax. One of the many great things about a community garden, is that you are not only making a place for creating more green space, but you can also significantly cut your produce bill by going sustainable and this means eating in a more healthy way! The amount of thought and awareness that went into the establishment of this eco-minded housing development is truly phenomenal and appreciated by its residents.
To own your own piece of this innovative community, contact me or Brooke Schara, the listing agent on the property. As EcoBroker agents we’re here to help you through every step of the way. Whether you are looking to buy your first place, or want to know what you need to do to make your home ready for the market, let me help you simplify the process. Let me expertly guide you as your full service real estate agent.
-Genevieve Concannon- Your EcoBroker at Arbour Realty
875 N, Randolph St. Suite C Arlington, VA 22203