Last Sunday’s dedication of Perry Hall was another huge success for Northern Virginia’s Habitat for Humanity team.
It was an honor to be a part of the Perry Hall project team on behalf of EarthCraft. From start to finish, these folks did their very hardest to make this project come to fruition. After seven long years of going through county hoops and regulations, this project is finally complete and ready for twelve lucky families to call home. With its energy efficiency standards up to EarthCraft standards to be certified and the project being a part of the Nauck community’s history and spirit, Perry Hall is now a new and (much) improved place for these home owners to call… home.
A ceremony to dedicate the property was held Sunday, March 18, 2012 on the steps of the project with over a hundred community members, Habitat for Humanity project team participants, sponsors, volunteers and politicians. Special guest, Dr. Alfred O. Taylor Jr., current president of the Nauck Civic Association accepted a plaque on behalf of the community. The building itself is named for Perry S. Hall, the first president of the Nauck Civic Association in the 1920′s.
Take a look at the dedication ceremony photos if you weren’t able to make it out last weekend:
Perry S. Hall was the original Nauck Civic Association president in the 1920′s responsible for bringing curb and gutter to the community and whom the building is named for. Current Civic Association president, Dr. Taylor educates the ceremony visitors about the community and accepts a plaque.